Help with Stored Procedure return value to drive GPO lights

Sarah Richards

Hi All,

I've been working with the trial of ClearStream and trying to send data to a stored procedure. Within the stored procedure I want to return different values and based on these values I want to turn on/off different GPO ports that have lights attached. So far I am not having any luck, it appears as though my return values are not respected when evaluated against the Condition property of the GPO I have configured on the reader list form.

Any help is appreciated.

Howie Heckman III

Staff member
Hi Sarah,

When using stored procedures the value used to compare against the condition property of the GPO is actually the number of rows affected within the stored procedure, not the return value. So, if you were to insert a single record the value compared to your GPO condition value would be '1'.

We have another post in the forum that goes into a little more detail than this. You can find it here: https://forum.clearstreamrfid.com/threads/logically-controlling-the-gpo-outputs-on-an-rfid-reader-with-a-stored-procedure.17/

Please let us know if this helps out.

Sarah Richards

Thanks Howard. That has helped me get what I was working on to work in the correct behavior, however I think it is a little confusing that the return value is ignored. Maybe this could be some type of settable option?

Howie Heckman III

Staff member
I would agree with that. The user should have the option to use the return value as opposed to just the number of rows affected.

I'll write that up as a feature request.

Thanks for your input Sarah.

Thanks Howard. That has helped me get what I was working on to work in the correct behavior, however I think it is a little confusing that the return value is ignored. Maybe this could be some type of settable option?
Hello Sarah,

It would be of great help if you can share what you have accomplished regarding stored procedures and ClearStream.

Thanks in advance!

JC